Great ideas straight ahead!
Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1) Brantford: Walter Gretzky Street Hockey Tournament. It is the largest of it’s kind in the world with 205 teams and over 2,096 participants. (Guiness World Record) Since 2012, The Lung Association has raised and contributed $160,000 toward lung research, thanks to participation from teams all over North America. More than 130 ball hockey teams from across North America will be competing this year. Saturday and Sunday: Ball Hockey International Brantford, 20 Edge Street. https://bit.ly/2xw0054
2) Dundas: Buskerfest. This year’s line-up of roving performers and musicians is stronger than ever, with visual surprises and toe-tapping music around every corner. Flying high are the beautiful ladies of Cirqa Brava, the aerial antics of The Lumberjack Show, and Wacky Chad’s amazing pogo flips! Masters of manipulation Thelmo Parole, Mat Ricardo and Magic Mark entice audiences with smooth moves and wicked humor… Strongman Mighty Mike will dazzle you with physical feats testing the limits of human achievement… And real-life couples Duo Looky and The Street Circus show mix timing, precision, and perfect teamwork to perform brilliant and hilarious stunts! Saturday 11:30-10PM Sunday 11:30-6PM. https://bit.ly/2L6tDLU
3) Kitchener: Fab Four Tribute Band. The Fab Four is undoubtedly the “Ultimate Beatles Tribute.” With uncanny, note-for-note live renditions of the Beatle’s classics the Fab Four will make you think you are back in time rockin’ with John, Paul, George and Ringo! This loving tribute to the Beatles has amazed audiences around the world, with performances in Japan, Malaysia, France, Hong Kong, The United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico and Brazil. Sunday:6:45 PM LOT 42 – Global Flex Campus https://bit.ly/2soExoz
4) Burlington: Kite Festival. Bring the kids or grandkids out for Burlington’s annual Kite Festival (and show off your kite flying skills) . Build a kite or bring your own to help fill the sky with colour and celebrate diversity. Enjoy free family fun, entertainment and vendors. Kite building materials are available while supplies last. Sunday 11AM-4PM. Brant Hills Community Centre and Brant Hills Park. https://bit.ly/2K3jMWV
5) Paris: Springtime in Paris. Don’t miss this family oriented festival featuring music, arts, crafts, children’s entertainment and community booths. Members of the Paris Port Dover Pipe Band kick off the weekend with a performance at 10AM Saturday. Stay and enjoy the Kiwanis Kids Fun Tent, live entertainment in the park all weekend, a garden tour featuring 6 beautiful gardens, and lots of food options right in the park. Lion’s Park, Paris Saturday 10-5PM Sunday 10-4PM. https://bit.ly/1FP0u1F