Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Santa Claus Parades Saturday November 24
a) Caledonia 10:30 AM https://bit.ly/2hCvsY2
b) Smithville 2PM https://bit.ly/2KvnSsp
c) Brantford 6PM. https://bit.ly/2OYUawe
d) Elora 6:15 PM https://bit.ly/2iPv1qw
e) Flamborough 6:30 PM https://bit.ly/2gfZeg3
on Sunday November 25th.
2. Oakville: Bronte Village Tree Lighting Ceremony. Kick off the Christmas season with the mirth and merriment of an old-fashioned Bronte Christmas, with hot drinks, treats and fun activities provided by the Bronte BIA businesses. Activities include a visit and photo session with Santa and Mrs. Claus, free kids crafts activities and a carol sing-along with the Tempus Choral Society. This year the event moves to Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park at the foot of Bronte Rd. (Hwy 25) south to end at Ontario Street. Saturday 3PM to 6PM https://bit.ly/2qYSwkP
3. Niagara Falls. Winter Festival of Lights. Come enjoy the 36th annual! It has become a holiday tradition for over one million visitors from around the globe. The 8km long route travels through the beautiful landscapes of the Niagara Parks, Dufferin Islands and surrounding tourist districts to transform the city into a winter wonderland. The light displays include the iconic Zimmerman Fountain, the world’s largest Canadian-American Flag, Noah’s Ark, and over fifty trees in Dufferin Islands wrapped with lights. This weekend and ongoing. https://bit.ly/2eFNH7j
4. Hamilton: RBG Holiday Train Exhibit. RBG’s newest “G scale” model train experience takes you on a journey through four seasons of whimsical Canadian landscapes while telling the story of how railroads shaped our history. The Escarpment Train Exhibit illustrates three eras of locomotion history including the steam engines of the late 1800s, the streamliners of the 1930s and the powerful modern diesels of the 1960s up to present day. Weekends through Christmas. (Rock Garden) Check out the Botanical Train Display as well (RGB Centre) https://bit.ly/2mvec8K
5. Waterloo: Skate Night, Date Night. Start off at The Benchwarmer Restaurant/Sports Bar with a three course meal, then skate away the evening on the Carolyn Fedy rink, RIM Park accompanied by live musicians. The evening includes a delicious meal with dessert, 2 skate admissions, 2 hot chocolate vouchers, and live entertainment. Saturday 7PM https://bit.ly/2r1g88t