1. Hamilton: Around the Bay Road Race 125th Anniversary! Check out the highlights of this year’s anniversary event:
a) Merit Brewing introduces Bay Beer, complete with a commemorative label and free beer samples at the Health & Fitness Expo during race weekend and at the race finish line inside FirstOntario Centre.
b) Art Around the Bay Exhibit at the Art Gallery of Hamilton: Hamilton artist, Dylan Swan, has created one painting for every scenic kilometre of the 30K Around the Bay Road Race on exhibit from March 9-May 6, 2019.
c) Supercrawl presents live on-route entertainment: Runners can look forward to a boost with live performances along the route and finish line.
d) Finally, a special souvenir program highlighting vintage photos and stories from the Bay Race’s 125-year legacy as well as special mementos is available this year.
Whether you’re running the 5km or 30km race or just cheering someone on from the sidelines, Tourism Hamilton wants to make sure you’ve got plenty to see, do, and of course – eat while you’re here! Sunday https://bit.ly/2JLchIH
2. Burlington: Maple Syrup Festival – last weekend! Find out all about the history of maple syrup presented on a heritage farm from 1900.The festival heritage staff dress in historical attire and will help to immerse you in the history and culture of maple syrup. Attractions include: pancake house, fresh maple candy, fresh maple taffy, guide tours of maple lane, gift shop, wagon rides, farm animals, historical tours, family activities and more. Allow 2-3 hours to see and do everything. Saturday and Sunday 9:30 – 3PM Bronte Creek Provincial Park. https://bit.ly/1VQqDTe
3. Port Dover: Comedy Night! Six of southern Ontario’s hottest comedians take over the Lighthouse Theatre stage in one hilarious showcase. Headliner Mike Rita is widely regarded as one of Canada’s rising stars of comedy. His hilarious stories about growing up with immigrant parents and marijuana fueled hijinks won him Second City’s Cream of Comedy emerging talent competition. The bill also features Doug Koning, a self-deprecating comedian with a seething rage laying just below the surface; Chris Jarvie, whose goodhearted Canadian redneck point-of-view is a big hit with his audiences and his fellow comedians; and David Green, a veteran comedy festival performer and recipient of the Culture Capital of Canada Literary Arts Award. Last but not least, come enjoy a special set by Donald Trump impersonator Glen Griffith. Saturday 8PM Lighthouse Festival Theatre. 8PM https://bit.ly/2CH0fdk
4. Guelph: Legends of Motown. Don’t miss this 16-piece cast of singers and musicians performing live look-a-like/sound-a-like tributes to The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Jackson 5, Martha and the Vandellas and more and features all your favourite songs of the Motown era. With dazzling choreography, authentic costumes, stunning vocal performances and a fabulous live band, this high-energy show with the most timeless music of our lives is not to be missed! Saturday 7:30PM River Run Centre. https://bit.ly/2YtYwBG
5. Cambridge: Rocky the Musical. This weekend is the last chance to catch the heart-pounding story of struggling small-time boxer Rocky Balboa, who gets a once-in-a-lifetime shot to fight against heavyweight champ Apollo Creed in South Philadelphia. Determined to fight 15 rounds to the bitter end, Rocky begins a punishing training regimen under the guidance of the local gym owner, Mickey. Fueled further by his unexpected romance with Adrian, this underestimated underdog suddenly feels like he’s got something – and someone – worth fighting for. Featuring the famous Rocky theme song and Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger,” don’t miss this timeless classic! Saturday 2PM & 7:30PM & Sunday 2PM Hamilton Family Theatre. https://bit.ly/2U7XwV4