The end of the year always brings the best of or the top of lists out. This past year was no exception! And while they’re not always funny they are often interesting and the pair picked out for this post should be that.
Out of Vancouver, B.C. is E-Comm which is the Emergency Communications for British Colombia, and their top 10 reasons not to call 911.
There are plenty of valid reasons to call 911, and even more reasons to contact your local police in the event of a non-emergency, but then there are times when someone dials the emergency services for something mind-boggling. These certainly rank among those! Without further ado starting at;
10. Calling to check the time following the fall time change
9. Asking if there’s a law preventing washing clothes at 6 a.m.
8. Calling to ask if raccoons are dangerous animals
7. Complaining gas station wouldn’t accept coins for payment
6. Wondering if a washroom closed sign at a popular beach was legitimate
5. Calling because someone parked in their parking spot
4. Complaining tenant moved without returning keys
3. To report food was inedible and restaurant refusing to provide refund
2. Car refusing to move forward at a gas station pump
1. Complaining a salon wouldn’t change nail polish colour
To be clear; these are actual calls received by the emergency call-takers, and while it might be funny to have a bit of a chuckle at some of the strange reasons people dialed 911 its important to remember that none of these are emergencies, life threatening or criminal, and all of them took time away that could have been spent helping someone in trouble.
As for the next list we turn to something less important. The Top Google Searches of 2017.
Google’s Trends page released the top search trends of the year this week; and on the global list of searches the top 10 look like this.
10. India national cricket team
9. Chester Bennington
8. Fidget Spinner
7. Tom Petty
6. 13 Reasons Why
5. Meghan Markle
4. Matt Lauer
3. iPhone X
2. iPhone 8
1. Hurricane Irma
There were plenty other google search lists released with that and you can find them all here.
The Box Office numbers for this past year include some of the biggest ever, with 3 movies topping $1 Billion world wide. But before we take a look at the global numbers here is the Top 10 Box Office Releases in Domestic.
10. The Fate of the Furious – $225,764,765
9. Logan – $226,277,068
8. Despicable Me 3 – $264,624,300
7. Thor: Ragnarok – $310,370,329
6. It – $334,201,140
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming – $389,813, 101
4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – $389,813,101
3. Wonder Woman – $412,563,408
2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi – $464,698,228
1. Beauty and the Beast – $504,014,165
The World Wide Box Office Top 10 is listed in millions and looks a little different;
10. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – $794.9
9. Wonder Woman – $821.8
8. Thor: Ragnarok – $847.0
7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – $863.7
6. Wolf Warrior 2 – $870.3
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming – $880.2
4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi – $934.3
3. Despicable Me 3 – $1,033.5
2. The Fate of the Furious – $1,235.8
1. Beauty and the Beast – $1,263.5
That is just a few of the Top 10 lists from 2017, have a safe and happy New Year.
Image “Gold top 10 winner” by Sam Churchill on Flikr.