Top 5 this week!
1. Hamilton: Winterfest. Explore the city now until February 18 with more than 100 activities. Skate at the waterfront and local arenas, enjoy concerts, classes and a series of new Signature Events in major parks city-wide and the Royal Botanical Gardens. Fun for the whole family. Today’s signature event has Madison McFerrin performing. Madison’s only instruments are a looping pedal and the sound of her voice. Enjoy her “soulcapella” sound combining “the storytelling once revered in the past with the sound of the 21st century.” Tonight 8PM the Canteen at Gage Park. Here is where to find a full list of Winterfest events. http://bit.ly/2G0EZTd
2. Brantford: Classic Albums Live Presents “Night at the Opera. Founded in 2003 by Craig Martin, Classic Albums Live has become the ultimate destination for music lovers wanting to hear the greatest albums performed live without all the gimmickry and cheesy impersonations. Queen provides a great challenge. Everyone is familiar with “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “You’re My Best Friend” but it’s the deep tracks like “Prophet Song” and “Love of My Life” that reveal a profound depth of song writing. Don’t miss em. Note for Note, Cut for Cut. Saturday, Sanderson Centre 8PM http://bit.ly/2sXmOFp
3. Burlington: Magician Mike Super. As the winner of NBC’s hit TV show Phenomenon, Mike Super’s family-friendly magic bridges generation gaps, and takes the audience on a journey of emotions from laughter, intrigue, fear and wonder that only he can deliver. Named ‘Entertainer of the Year’ for two consecutive years, Mike is the ONLY magician in history to win a live magic competition on Primetime Network Television. His appeal to both young and old has made him one of the most sought after mystifiers in the world. Come out and witness the magic of Mike Super! Saturday Burlington PAC 7:30PM http://bit.ly/2G1OBNv
4. Niagara-on-the-Lake: Days of Wine and Chocolate. Explore the decadently sweet and savoury art of wine and chocolate pairing. Visit the wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake and taste over 20 VQA wines matched with chocolate-infused dishes – from classically sweet flavour combinations to unexpected surprises. A romantic celebration for two or a great reason for a girls’ getaway weekend! Saturday and Sunday (and onwards) 11-5PM http://bit.ly/2MGUdNL
5. Cambridge: Cambridge Community Players – Remember Me! On the surface it seems that Mary and Brian Hanson, have what appears to be a very comfortable marriage. But though content, the marriage has grown tired. And then one morning, their lives are turned upside down when Mary’s lost love, Peter, shows up… or does he? Although Peter professes his undying love and devotion, he turns out to simply be Mary’s fantasy. But things get even more complicated when the real Peter actually shows up. Saturday 8PM, Sunday 2PM Cambridge Arts Theatre. http://bit.ly/2ScSSUf