Don’t miss out on all the family friendly activities within an hour’s drive!
Check out Bob’s Top 5!
- Hamilton: World Music Festival 2017. Celebrating World Culture; come down to the “place to be” in the Hammer for high caliber, professional quality world music artists under one roof. This years venue has changed from Gage Park to the Lincoln Alexander Centre, 160 King Street East! Saturday 4PM on. Sunday 12 noon on (with the Kids Zone) http://bit.ly/Q7kUw9
- Ohsweken: Grand River Pow Wow. Come and experience the excitement of centuries of culture as dancers from across North America compete to become the Champion of Champions. The weekend performances features Pow-wow dance contests in various age groups (including 400 dancers from across North America), singing contests for drum groups, over 30 native food vendors and over 100 native craft vendors. Saturday: 10-10PM Sunday 10-5PM. http://bit.ly/1Lm5aKz
- Hagersville: 4th Annual Hagersville Rocks 2017 will be bringing a great variety of different genres of music to the big stage to please country, folk and rock music fans alike. This year’s all-Canadian event will be headlined by the Washboard Union and Meghan Patrick. Other acts announced include Freedom Train, Ultimate Urban and the Redhill Valleys. Saturday; gates open at 3pm. http://bit.ly/1kmSsEW
- UpTown Waterloo Jazz Festival. Welcome to year 25 (of free Jazz to the community!) Matt Dusk headlines a talented cast of Canadian talent, all of whom will shine this week. 35000 festival goers (from 2016) can’t be wrong! Saturday 10:30-9:00 Sunday 10:30 – 3pm. http://bit.ly/2gMW33w
- Burlington: Food Truck Festival. New for the 2017 season, and serving up some of the best grub around, this is a festival you won’t want to miss! Show some Burlington love by bringing your friends and family and come hungry! To keep you entertained, there will be local performers to entertain Saturday and Sunday: Spencer Smith Park 12-9PM http://bit.ly/2vlcA0T