There’s lots to choose from – Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Nutcracker Performances this Weekend!
a) Burlington: Performing Arts Centre. The State Ballet Theatre of Russia brings the most beloved ballet to glorious life, The Nutcracker. Saturday 2PM http://bit.ly/2iXXoXd
b) Hamilton: First Ontario Concert Hall. Presented by the Ballet Jorgen. Saturday 2PM. http://bit.ly/2g8hlmu
c) Brantford: Sanderson Centre. Presented by the Ballet Jorgen. Sunday 7:30PM http://bit.ly/2ipdy7O
d) Mississauga: Living Arts Centre. Presented by the State Ballet of Russia. Sunday 2PM and 7PM http://bit.ly/2A90qzc
2. Port Dover: Light up the Holidays! Come out and enjoy this all puppet show featuring VJ, the DJ, who hosts a call-in radio show. The callers request Christmas favourites from past and present and the more than 40 puppets act out each song. The show is created by Port Dover residents Byron and Marlene Morton. Lighthouse Festival Theatre Saturday 2:00 and 7:30PM http://bit.ly/2AV8uTy
3. Kitchener: Handel’s Messiah. Presented by the Grand Philharmonic Choir. The Messiah is always a beloved Christmas tradition. But this year, it’s a feast for the eyes as well as the ears! Along with the timeless beauty of Handel’s music, you’ll see breathtaking images of hand-crafted illuminations from the Saint John’s Bible. Saturday 7:30PM Centre in the Square. http://bit.ly/2ip3Ge8
4. Hamilton: 38th Annual Christmas in the City. Here is a chance to “give back” to families in need this Christmas. 100% of proceeds go into the program to help people in our community. Some of the families they help are: medically challenged, families in medical crisis, and families with palliative care needs. They help out with all kinds of “care packages” including Tim Horton cards, hospital parking fees card, Walmart cards, Chapters cards, and all sorts of hospital care bags. Saturday McMaster Innovation Park, 175 Longwood Drive 11-5 PM http://bit.ly/2j21Mo6
5. Canada 150 Skating Day! Skate Canada is hosting 17 flagship skating events in cities from coast-to-coast! What better way to close the Canada 150 year than by skating! Come dust off your blades of glory to join in the fun! A “flagship event” takes place Sunday 11-1PM at the Oshweken Gaylor Powless Arena 11:00AM-1:00PM. http://bit.ly/2B2CcWI Other events take place here. http://bit.ly/2jzWhJY