It is the time of year where Rhubarb is getting ripe and ready for making into one of the best late-spring/early summer treats. Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie! For your convenience here is a simple recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup white sugar. Add 2 pints fresh strawberries and 1 pound fresh chopped rhubarb. Toss with sugar and flour and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour filling into 9 inch double crust pie crust. Dot top with 2 tablespoons butter, and cover with top crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crust with water.
- Apply 1 egg yolk to top of pie, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons white sugar. Cut small holes in top to let steam escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and brown. Cool on rack.
Once it is cool you can enjoy a tart and sweet treat!
Recipe from allrecipes.com
Photo from allrecipes youtube.