Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Brantford: International Jazz Festival. Come celebrate jazz and its culture with four stages providing a continuous lineup of free entertainment. This is world class music from diverse backgrounds – Traditional Jazz to Big Band Swing, to Spanish and Afro-Cuban grooves, and local area talent bringing their particular mode of jazz. Make the trip to Harmony Square for great music and good vibes and don’t miss the Glenn Miller Orchestra, this year’s Saturday night headliner. Saturday and Sunday https://bit.ly/2cel4wF
2. Hamilton: 10th Annual Supercrawl! Over a decade this has become a must-see event on Canada’s festival circuit. (200,000 visitors can’t be wrong) Music (Lights is one of the headliners), Arts (celebrating local regional and national artists), Family Fun (kids love the foam party), Circus Orange and food options galore (30 food vendors) are all taking place in one central playground this weekend: 17 city blocks of James Street North, Hamilton. Saturday and Sunday. https://bit.ly/1S8Wr2E
3. Niagara: Grape and Wine Festival. This 63rd Anniversary show is all about wine in Niagara. Grab a Discovery Pass this weekend. This self-guided tour entitles you to eight VQA wine and culinary pairings crafted by some of the most talented people in the region. Enjoy your pairing while you watch the winery teams at work harvesting the 2018 vintage, tasting the flavours from the abundant produce from local farm stands. Saturday and Sunday. (and ongoing) https://bit.ly/1cq0SjK
4. St. George: Applefest. Don’t miss one of the premier festivals in Ontario. St. George is blessed with apple blossoms in the spring and a fresh crop of apples in the fall. At this time of year our community “comes alive” and hosts a fantastic due highlighting apples, pies, crafts, artisans, live entertainment, kids’ activities and much more. Something is “a-peeling” for everyone!. Saturday 10-6 Sunday 10-5 https://bit.ly/2OfudJr
5. Waterloo: Doors Open Waterloo! On the third Saturday of every September you’re invited to tour 34 noteworthy buildings, interesting places and heritage sites in Waterloo Region, many of which are not regularly open to the public. Admission is free! There are children’s activities, music & drama presentations, walking tours and other special events. Pick up the 2018 map & guide at libraries, museums and tourism offices across the region. Today: 10-5PM https://bit.ly/2L9lcnz