This Week’s Top 5!
1. Burlington: Girls Night Out! It’s Mother’s Day ladies, so take a night off! Ship the kids away, turn off your phone, ignore your partner, your parents, your boss, your family, grab a glass of cab franc and have a Girls Nite Out! A side-splitting evening of stand-up and improv await you! Girls Nite Out is an all-funny, all-female troupe consisting of some of Canada’s top stand-ups and comedy improvisers. Burlington PAC Sunday 7:30PM https://bit.ly/2JsRiZm
2. Oakville: Celebrating 25 Years of Song. The Oakville Choir for Children & Youth is an inclusive and welcoming organization that offers music education and leadership training to young people from 4-24. They provide a fun, safe and educational space for children and youth to receive exceptional music education and develop outstanding leadership skills that foster community, connection, and confidence. Join all of the Choirs from Oakville Choir for Children & Youth this weekend to end the season on a high note! Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts: Today 1:30 & 4:30PM https://bit.ly/2Q4KKlj
3. Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge: 12th Annual Grand River Film Festival. Celebrating and inspiring community through the shared experience of film, this 4-day festival is dedicated to bringing bold, reflective and uplifting films to venues across Waterloo Region. This year’s festival features first-time filmmakers to industry veterans with premiere screenings, director Q&A’s, and panel discussions with community members. Saturday and Sunday all day throughout Waterloo Region. https://bit.ly/2PWgucg
4. Niagara Falls. Looking Back – Forging Forward. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre come check out this series of educational pop-up art-making opportunities and engaging cultural experiences for all ages and interests. Join us for a Mother’s Day afternoon tea and Hat-Making Workshop. Learn about the historical shako hat and then design your own contemporary fascinator to wear while enjoying afternoon tea with Mom. Sunday 1-3PM https://bit.ly/2vUDK0J
5. Guelph: Mother’s Day Brunch and Mamma Mia! What does Mom really want for Mother’s Day? She wants to spend time with YOU! Add brunch and movie, and you’ve got one happy Mom! Enjoy a brunch in the Greenroom and then cozy up in our Cinema for the film. Mamma Mia is about a bride-to-be attempting to find her real dad. The story is all told through the songs of the beloved 1970s group ABBA. You’ll be singing along for sure! Sunday 11:30-3:30PM Bookshelf Greenroom & Cinema. https://bit.ly/2YkDgNA