Here are 5 new things to do within about an hours’ drive!
Check out Bob’s Top 5!
- Brantford: Hot Rod Kings & Vintage Wings! The Brantford Flying Club is excited to announce the first annual vintage car and aircraft show! ( part of the Brantford Municipal Airport Day) Bring your vintage cars, and enthusiasm and spend the day at the airport! Enjoy live music and a beer tent at the show! Saturday 12PM – 10PM Brantford Municipal Airport. http://bit.ly/2vD15mk
- Hamilton: 14th Annual Fringe Festival. It is the final weekend for this action-packed event that takes place each July in downtown Hamilton. With more than 40 companies offering up musicals, dance, comedies, magic shows, dramas, and family entertainment in more than 300 performances- there truly is something for everyone! Saturday and Sunday with venues across the city! Sked here! http://bit.ly/2tiVOin
- Burlington: Royal Astronomical Society Star Fest. As part of the 100th aniversary celebration of the Astronomical society. the public is invited to join members of the Hamilton/Burlington branch for an evening of star viewing and discussion. Members will have telescopes set up to view the sun as it sets and the stars and planets as they appear in the evening. The public is encouraged to bring their own equipment. Saturday: Spencer Smith Park 6PM-10PM http://bit.ly/2ute5e5
- Port Dover: Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery! Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson must crack the mystery of The Hound of the Baskervilles before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Enjoy this fast-paced comedy about everyone’s favourite detective solving his most notorious case. Saturday 2 shows; 2 & 8PM. Lighthouse Festival Theatre. http://bit.ly/2tSa322
- Simcoe: Ice Cream Fest! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! The Lynn Valley Lions Club typically serves up more than 4,000 sundaes and they raise over $5,000 at the annual extravaganza! It’s a no brainer: ice cream for the kids, and a donation for a very worthy cause! Saturday and Sunday 10-5pm Wellington Park. http://bit.ly/2gYF663 (image: Pangaea media)