Bob’s Top 5!
1. Rockton & Oakville: Maple Syrup Festivals.
a) Rockton. Bring the family and friends out for some springtime fun this Sunday. Learn how maple syrup was made in the early and mid-19th century and then enjoy a short walk into the woods to Westfield’s sugar shack. There you can try a taste of Westfield’s very own maple syrup, made in a modern evaporator. Other fun activities include wagon rides drawn by a beautiful antique tractor, interactive games and unique photo opportunities. Local maple syrup and a wide variety of maple products are available in the Gift Shop. Round out your visit with a delicious and affordable pancake breakfast. Sunday 10-4pm (and onwards) https://bit.ly/2Ep2Itd
b) Bronte Creek. We specialize in the history of maple syrup presented on a heritage farm from 1900. The festival heritage staff dress in historical attire and will help to immerse you in the history and culture of maple syrup. Attractions include pancake house, fresh maple candy, fresh maple taffy, guided tours of maple lane, gift shop, wagon rides, farm animals, historical tours, family activities and more. Allow 2-3 hours to see and do everything. (all festival buildings, tours and food services close/stop at 3 p.m) Saturday and Sunday March 2 & 3 9:30-3PM and onwards. https://bit.ly/2zFVG2U
2. Hamilton: Boating and Fishing Show. A spectacular show experience! 108,000 square foot location full of show stopping features, special attractions & hundreds of exhibits of boats, fishing, outdoor accessories and recreational power products. Why drop by? a) Take advantage of the exclusive show specials only available at the show. b) Comparison shop or start your research all in one location c) Speak directly with product specialists and industry experts. Saturday 10-8PM Sunday 10-5PM Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. https://bit.ly/2HdbXzt
3. Niagara Falls: Broadway Showstoppers Musical Review. Don’t miss this all new tribute to Broadways greatest musicals! Experience the best of the great white way as this all-new musical hits the Oh Canada Eh? stage. Featuring songs from Gypsy, Phantom of the Opera, Hair, Wicked, Cats, South Pacific, Once, Crazy For You, Les Miserables, Annie, Rent & many, MANY more! Each evening starts with our delicious family-style meal, which is served by our multi-talented performers. Saturday 6:30PM (and onwards) Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Theatre https://bit.ly/2tGebzH
4. Kitchener: 10th Annual Comedy Festival. (final day) For 10 years now they have been bringing you ALL the funny. You won’t want to miss this year’s lineup, the largest in the history of the festival. The 3 day festival brings world class talent to different venues in Waterloo Region with names like Shaun Majumder, Bruce McCulloch, Steve Patterson, Jeremy Hotz, Mark Forward, Derek Seguin, and many others. Saturday https://bit.ly/2CjSHyE
5. Niagara-On-The-Lake: Winter Wonderland Food Tour. Bundle up and come on out for a a perfect blend of history, culture and of course culinary delights! Our professional and highly entertaining guide will lead you on a visit to a few hidden gems in the heart of Old Towne Niagara on the Lake. Sample some delicioius Irish stew, sip on a little hot cocoa, visit a beautiful inn near Lake Ontario and have an entirely enjoyable and tasty afternoon! Saturday and Sunday 1PM. (and onwards) https://bit.ly/2mlDYsG