City of Burlington invites residents to help plant 500 trees in Tuck Park
The City of Burlington’s annual community tree planting will take place at Tuck Park, 3405 Spruce Avenue on Saturday, April 21, from 1 to 4 p.m. The planting is part of the Clean Up, Green Up event, in partnership with Burlington Green. Residents are invited to be a part of adding to the urban forest by planting a total of 500 saplings.
Each event will feature:
- Planting 500 saplings
- Question and answer with city arborists
- Stewardship and education about our urban forests
Pre-registration is not required but attendees are asked to register in advance by going to Burlington Green’s website, or upon arrival at the event. Here are some details:
- Saplings are in one-gallon pots that can be easily carried to planting spots.
- No experience is needed. City arborists and planting experts will show attendees what to do.
- Participants are advised to use alternative transportation such as Burlington Transit, ride sharing, cycling or other forms of active participation as parking will be very limited.
What to wear/bring:
- Check the weather and dress for the conditions. We will be outside and will plant rain or shine.
- Wear sturdy footwear – no sandals or flip-flops, please.
- Bring your own work/gardening gloves.
- Bring your own snacks and beverages and plenty of water, especially if it’s hot.
- Bring your own shovel, if possible.
- Consider going green to the planting; walk, bike, carpool or use public transit.
- Bring your volunteer hour form if you’re a high school student looking for volunteer hours.
Image- Metroland Media file photo via InsideHalton.com