Moms or Dads; do you get called upon for a little topical surgery when the kids come in with a tricky splinter needing removal?
A housewife from the UK, Claire Bullen-Jones, has come up with a clever hack that makes the process simple and painless for a sometimes painful (and tearful) ordeal. Her story and solution have taken the web by storm.
Here is how it works:
1) Get a small oral syringe typically used to administer children’s medicine such as Tylenol. (see photo)
2) Give it a thorough cleaning.
3) Put the small hole of the syringe as best you can over the splinter.
4) Make sure that it is touching the skin firmly and pull quickly.
5) If it is a stubborn splinter you may need to try it a couple of times.
Soon you will be the “splinter expert” in your neighbourhood:)