Better check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Niagara-On-The-Lake: Icewine Festival. Niagara-on-the-Lake’s historic Queen Street transforms into a winter wonderland as the town comes together to play their part in wine country’s annual Icewine celebration. Established 23 years ago in Niagara-on-the-Lake, the Festival delivers a warm winter setting for the 26 Wineries to pour liquid gold. The renowned Signature Kitchen Chefs will tempt your palate with Icewine inspired culinary creations. Saturday, Sunday and Monday: Niagara on the Lake. http://bit.ly/2FR71xd
2. Hamilton: Cirque Goes to the Cinema. The magic of Cirque returns to the HPO, as acrobats perform daring and extraordinary feats of artistry to the beautiful sounds of well-known masterpieces. Your HPO performs works by famous composers such as Bernstein, Bizet, Tchaikovsky and John Williams as aerialists, contortionists and acrobats grace the stage. This spectacle for the eyes and ears is perfect for audiences of all ages. Saturday: First Ontario Concert Hall http://bit.ly/2mSoIUq
3. Robbie Burns Celebrations.
a) Brantford: The fun begins with the piping in and address to the Haggis followed by a hot supper including Scottish meat pie, tatties, neeps and sticky toffee pudding. Light-hearted Entertainment. Cash bar opens at 5:30 pm. Call 905-659-7679 for tickets. Saturday. Brant Naval Veterans Ass. http://bit.ly/2BbPJaD
b) St. Jacobs: Hosted by the Kitchener-Waterloo branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society; enjoy a traditional Scottish dinner, dancing and the immortal memory of Robert Burns at St Jacobs Community Centre Saturday: 5:30 http://bit.ly/2EPQJTS
d) Flamborough: Supper follows ‘Piping In” and Address to the Haggis. Robbbie Burns Supper features haggis, scottish meat pies, ‘tatties’, ‘neeps’, and sticky toffee pudding Saturday: 5PM http://bit.ly/2ESnHTZ
e) Selkirk: Robbie Burns Night at the Selkirk Community Hall, hosted by the Selkirk Lions Club – Stop by for a roast beef and haggis dinner, piper addressing the haggis, followed by dancing to a live band. Saturday 6PM Selkirk Community Hall. 905-776-1571 http://bit.ly/2DygV8O
f) Burlington: Celebrate Robbie Burns Day at the Black Bull! A traditional Scottish supper begins at 5 with the piping in of the Haggis. After dinner, enjoy live Celtic music. Sunday http://bit.ly/2mHleEg
g) Guelph: A longtime tradition continues as Guelph Museums honours Scotland’s favourite poet with a day of festivities including Scottish music, traditional Celtic dance, and haggis! Sunday 10:30 http://bit.ly/2Dy0wB9
4. Kitchener: Casablanca Live with Orchestra. Experience the classic romantic film as you never have before! The Orchestra performs Max Steiner’s glorious score live while the film is shown on the big screen, enhancing every beat of the movie’s noble heart with luscious live sound. Saturday: Centre in the Square. 8PM. http://bit.ly/2mQfvwF
5. Oakville: Chinese New Year Celebration. This is a Chinese New Year Celebration Gala in Oakville presented by the Sixteen Mile Creek Theatre Troupe of the Oakville Chinese Network. Sunday: Oakville Centre. 6:15PM http://bit.ly/2ksh99r