Fire broke out at Maria’s Pizza in Brantford early Sunday morning causing significant damage to the pizzeria and the pottery shop both owned by the Risi family. Maria’s Pizza was established in 1968 and the building has been there since 1905.
Video of the fire has been appearing on youtube and social media.
Posted by Jordan Nock on Sunday, June 4, 2017
The fire started sometime around 5:30 am and flames and smoke could be seen coming from the building at the corner of Colborne and Murray. No cause for the fire has been determined yet though it seems that everyone escaped the fire. Neighbours are reporting that all 6 people who were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation are okay. A cat was also rescued from the building.
There is no information yet available on the amount of damage or if the building or the shop will be salvageable.
Story from Brantford Expositor
Video 1 from Jordan Nock Facebook
Video 2 & 3 from Sam Colaiacovo