Check out Bob’s Top 5 (revised)
1. Burlington: Joseph Brant Day. Join in the fun (5,000 attendees can’t be wrong) for an incredible line-up of family friendly entertainment, historical displays, a food truck rally, vendors and a variety of interactive experiences. Monday 11-5PM Lasalle Park. Schedule of events here. https://bit.ly/2MlIzqw
2. Rockton: Westfield Heritage Ice Cream Carnival. Don’t miss out on the last day for this year’s carnival. There will be homemade ice cream to sample, steam traction engine rides, and of course, carnival games. The special guest today is children’s author, Jennifer Mook-Sang. She will share from her book “Captain Monty Takes The Plunge” at the Victorian Bandstand. Today 10-4PM https://bit.ly/2KufE1V
3. Guelph: Industry Race Day. It is the marquee event of the race season. The day is highlighted by two major races, The Battle of Waterloo and the Battle of the Belles, and an Ontario Sires Stakes event for three-year-old filly pacers in the Grassroots Series. The first race starts at 12:30 p.m. Dine in one of our 3 restaurants or grab a bite at the Tarmac BBQ or at one of the tents. Today: Grand River Raceway. 12-5PM https://bit.ly/2NWSsLE
4. Port Colborne: Marine and Heritage Festival. Celebrate the height of summer and Niagara’s rich marine heritage. Explore historic tall ships, cruise Lake Erie, and check out the annual car show. Take a lighthouse tour and spend the night at a great outdoor concert. And don’t miss the spectacular fireworks over the Welland Canal.
Final day today. https://bit.ly/2Ow5H7w
5. Burlington: Enchanted Garden Weekend. Calling all gnomes, fairies, pixies, and sprites! Make your way to the RBG where a touch of magic awaits you. Your kids will meet mystical creatures like Melody the Birdsong Fairy and Pippa the Pumpkin Pixie. They will be hands on in many delightful activities, and learn the secrets of the Enchanted Garden. RBG – final day! https://bit.ly/2v230T1