Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1) Brantford: 45th Annual International Villages Festival. Sample “The World at Your Doorstep” with 17 different festival village halls for you to enjoy. From Poland to Hungary to Ukraine, and around the world, pick a country (or several) and enjoy continuous cultural entertainment and the country’s unique cuisine and beverage offerings. Today (last day) 5PM – 1AM… different venues in Brantford. https://bit.ly/2srYee0
2) Burlington: 4th Annual Downtown Car Show. You’ll find something for everyone’s car tastes including classics, muscle cars, cruisers, sports cars, tuners and exotic sports cars. There lots of fun for the whole family including live music, sidewalk sales, local merchant and automotive vendors…. all in support of the Burlington Lions Club. Saturday 10-4PM on Brant St from Caroline to Lakeshore Blvd. https://bit.ly/1J6qHrO
3) Oakville: Children’s Festival. Four-time Juno Award winner Fred Penner will headline the festival. Bring the family to dance and sing along to hits like The Cat Came Back, Happy Feet and Moonlight Express. Franklin the Turtle will also make an appearance in a live musical production of Franklin and Friends Playdate! And don’t miss performances from world-record holder Hoop Dancer Ryan Runearth, the award-winning Kaeja d’Dance Company, and musicians and environmentalists Enviro Drum. Sunday 10AM-4PM Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre. https://bit.ly/2tLNGsc
4) Hamilton: Air Force Day; Past, Present and Future. See 50+ aircraft close up on the ground from Canada’s air force from World War I to current. Explore helicopters to transports from the RCAF, plus enjoy the collection of vintage military aircraft from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. The Lancaster will also be open for tours inside. Saturday 9-5PM – Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. https://bit.ly/2MJw2wY
5) Niagara-on-the-Lake: Lavender Festival. A day of everything lavender. There is a tasting tent full of culinary delights like lavender ice cream, lavender pizza, lavender lemonade and these are just a few of the items to be offered for the day. Roam the flowering lavender field and pick your own lavender. Shop and eat in the market place with many unique vendors. Tour the facility and see how essential oils are made. Check out cooking and baking demo’s on how to cook with lavender and its culinary uses. Saturday and Sunday 10-6PM 758 Niagara Stone Road 10-6PM https://bit.ly/2lYegux