Better check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Brantford: Derek Edwards – Sanderson Centre. Come on out for a riotous evening of homegrown comedy – Derek Edwards takes aim at life’s galling moments, exhales slowly and jerks back the trigger. From Vegas to St. John’s, this Just For Laughs veteran is a four-time nominee, and winner of Best Standup Comic at the Canadian Comedy Awards, as well as a multiple Gemini nominee for Best Performance in a Comedy. As Rick Mercer says, “Everyone knows Derek is the funniest man in Canada.” Saturday 8PM. https://bit.ly/2JFd2ia
2. Burlington: Hometown Hockey! The City of Burlington welcomes you for Hometown Hockey with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone at Civic Square, 426 Brant St. It’s a weekend jam-packed with games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family. On Sunday, watch the Ottawa Senators take on the Vegas Golden Knights on the screen set up outside City Hall. Feel free to wear your hockey team’s jersey. Saturday & Sunday all day. A full list of activities can be found here. https://bit.ly/2OfiZJ3 (scroll down)
3. Niagara Falls. Rocky Horror Show. The cult classic movie comes to life (the 16th annual) as two clean cut kids, Brad Majors and his fiancée Janet Weiss run into tire trouble and seek help at the strange house down the road. The home belongs to Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter, who is in the midst of one of his maniacal experiments. Come along for the ride as Brad and Janet meet Riff-Raff, Magenta, Columbia, Rocky and more and embark on a night that they will never forget! Saturday (and onwards) Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Theatre 7PM https://bit.ly/2SbkYw5
4. Oakville: Family Ghost Walk! It’s a great way to get into the Halloween spirit! Take a haunting walk back into Olde Oakville of the 1800s. Be guided by a character from the past who could be a mayor, merchant, ship captain or a Chisholm relative. Each ghost leader shares his or her life and you will also meet other ghosts along the way. Interact with the spirits. Walks are at 6:30; 7:15 and 8:00 pm; each for 1 hour. Saturday https://bit.ly/2D2j0tO
5. Guelph: ONES – Beatles No 1 Hits! ONES is a commitment to note perfect performance of the number one Beatles songs from the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 to their break up in 1970. Our cast of top musicians have paid attention to every detail, including 28 guitars and period correct amplifiers and drums that were used on the original Beatles recordings. Take a FAB4 thrilling ride through the hits that defined a generation: 30 number one songs performed note perfect and a special grand finale of hits by the Beatles as solo artists. ONES is the “must see show of the year” for Beatles fans! Saturday: River Run Centre 8PM. https://bit.ly/2D0UHfC