Top 5 this week!
1. Hamilton: Ace Academy Flight Experience. Check out this exciting interactive exhibit from the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. Visitors will have the chance to pilot a First World War biplane using motion sensing technology. Players enter an immersive environment, facing a screen and standing on a roundel to activate the experience. Authentic aircraft imagery takes centre stage as players fly a realistic rendering of the Sopwith Camel biplane. Moving their arms up and down and tilting their bodies, participant’s manoeuver an airplane onscreen – dodging enemy aircraft and fire. Saturday and Sunday (and onwards)9-5PM https://bit.ly/2Rb496S
2. Brantford: Swan Lake Ballet. Bring your budding ballerina to Tchaikovsky’s enchanting “Swan Lake”. Come see this spectacular dance, choreographed by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov. It tells the engaging tale of an evil sorcerer standing in the way of true love. It is truly a family friendly night out! Saturday 7:30PM Sanderson Centre. https://bit.ly/2S2Gsdg
3. Kitchener. Journey To Space. What better way to spend “Family Day” weekend than to come see the all new exhibit, Journey to Space, created by the Science Museum of Minnesota. The exhibit gives a glimpse of the challenges and triumphs of space exploration. You will experience what it is like to be on board the International Space Station, and discover what is possible and what awaits in orbit and beyond. Sunday 11AM-5PM Monday 9:30-5PM https://bit.ly/2IaTh5N
4. Oakville: Tribute to Louis Armstrong. The season opener of The West End Jazz Series will be a real crowd pleaser. It is dedicated to one of the giants, Louis Armstrong. Since he was inseparable from Ella Fitzgerald, you will enjoy a “sprinkle” of Ella as well.. Musical director and playing the trumpet – at a level of sophistication that very few can match – will be John MacLead, with special guest vocalist Faith Amour. You do not want to miss this one. Saturday 5:30 on Le Dome Banquet Hall. https://bit.ly/2DEjbJo
5. St. Catharines: Family Day at the First Ontario PAC. Your kids/grandkids will be met in the lobby by lots of furry litle creatures! Also making guest appearances: Bones from the Niagara IceDogs, Therapy Dogs from Therapy Tails Ontario, and Owen from BARK 4 LIFE. You will have a chance to make your own Mary Jane Mosquito puppet with Carousel Players. And don’t miss these great shows. From the UK — Tall Stories of England – Emily Brown and the Thing in Robertson Theatre at 9:30am! and TheaterWorks USA’s Pete the Cat – Family Day – a high energy adventure about friendship, in Partridge Hall at 1:30pm. Monday 9:30-3:30 First Ontario Performing Arts Centre. https://bit.ly/2SQagye