Top 5 this week!
1. Cambridge (March Break idea): Rocky:The Musical. Introduce your kids/grandkids to this cult classic and relive some great memories. The Academy Award®-winning film Rocky returns to the forefront as a triumphant new musical. Featuring the famous Rocky theme song and Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger,” this adrenaline-fueled knockout about unwavering determination in the face of adversity will have you rooting for romance and cheering for the underdog. Saturday 2PM and 7:30PM Sunday 1PM and 7PM. (and onward) Hamilton Family Theatre. https://bit.ly/2WxP8vO
2. Hamilton (March Break idea): The Magical World of Wizarding. Get your wands ready as the Children’s Museum transforms into a magical school of wizardry! Visitors will learn all about Charms, Potions, Divination and even how to take care of Magical Creatures. Don’t forget to dress up as your favourite witch or wizard! Saturday & Sunday (and onward) Hamilton Children’s Museum. 9:30-3:30 https://bit.ly/2EzWw1F
3. St. Catharines: Celebrate International Women’s Day with Girls Night Out! Honour our mothers, sisters, aunts, daughters and friends with a stand-up, improv and sketch comedy show by an award-winning ensemble with numerous Canadian Comedy Awards, performed on Second City stages and are featured on CBC, Comedy Network & HBO. (Mature Content) 4PM Saturday First Ontario Performing Arts Centre. https://bit.ly/2GZP0Rf
4. St. Jacobs: Horse Drawn SugarBush Tours. The tour begins from the St. Jacobs Famers’ Market. Travel to the sugar bush in a horse drawn shuttle – it’s a fun, old-fashioned ride through the beautiful countryside of Waterloo Region that takes you right into a local sugar bush. There you’ll see the different methods used to collect the sap that is boiled down to make maple syrup. Enjoy a number of family-friendly activities including old-fashioned log sawing, the Farm Petting Zoo, and tapping a maple tree. And of course, enjoy the sweet, sticky goodness of freshly boiled maple syrup drizzled over pancakes – it’s all part of the experience! Every Saturday 9-3:30PM (every 30 min) thr April 13) https://bit.ly/2tQI686
5. Hamilton: I Heart Beer Winter Festival. Stop by for the 3rd annual (Taco Edition) at the Hamilton Convention Centre on March 9th, 2019 for some beer, cider, spirits and tacos. 16 Breweries, 2 Cideries, and 2 Distillers are represented this year as are 10 local food vendores. Your admission comes with 2 tokens toward the purchase of the beverage of your choice. The afternoon session is still open so grab a ticket ASAP. Hamilton Convention Centre 1-5:30PM https://bit.ly/2CrUhfs