This delicious dinner is ready in just 30 minutes, and is filled with heart-healthy ingredients!
4 servings / Prep 15 min / Cook 15 min
* 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
* 1 tsp ground pepper
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
* Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
* 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
* 4 pieces salmon fillet, 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick (each about 4 oz/125 g)
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
* 2 cups (500 mL) 1% milk
* 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
* Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
* In a small bowl, combine 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the lemon juice.
* On prepared baking sheet, drizzle about half of the garlic mixture over broccoli and toss to coat; spread over half of the baking sheet. Pat salmon fillets dry and place on baking sheet beside broccoli, spacing fillets at least 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart. Brush with remaining garlic mixture.
* Roast broccoli and salmon for about 8 minutes or until broccoli is browned and tender and salmon just flakes easily with a fork.
* Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil over medium heat. Sauté remaining clove of garlic for 1 minute. Whisk cornstarch with milk and stir into saucepan; bring to a boil, whisking often. Boil, whisking, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon zest and Parmesan cheese; drizzle in remaining lemon juice, while whisking, until blended. Season to taste with pepper.
* Divide broccoli and salmon among serving plates and drizzle with sauce.
Find more healthy recipes on Heart and Stroke.
By: Cara Rosenbloom/carrot rewards. Ca
Image: pixabay. Com