From the Top 5 guy to you; here are some hints to get a better night’s sleep tonight. Professor Matthew Walk, Psychologist from of the University of California has the following suggestions:
5. If you haven’t fallen asleep in 20 minutes or so, get out of bed and read a book in another room. Don’t check email or eat, just read ’til you get sleepy.
4. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. People think alcohol will help them sleep but it just knocks the brain out in the short term with poorer quality sleep for the rest of the night.
3. Keep your room cool. 18 degrees is optimal.
2. Stay away from screens. The blue LED kind fool your brain into thinking that it is still daytime even though it is nighttime and you want to sleep
And the number one tip?
1. Go to bed at the same time both during the week and on the weekend. New findings have found a link between between a change in sleeping routine and feeling more tired and moody. In addition. sleeping in longer was found to have no health benefit if you have gone to bed at a later time than usual.
Source: Business Insider