For some cool stuff to do in the Jewel Listening Area…..
Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1) Burlington: Sound of Music Festival. Performing this year are Matthew Good, Natalie McMaster & Donnel Lahey, Molly Johnson, Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine, Jack de Keyzer, and many others The free festival shows will take place this weekend in downtown Burlington and at the waterfront. Saturday and Sunday all day. Find your favourite band here. https://bit.ly/2HTf3Wi
2) St Mary’s: Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Former Montreal Expos superstar Pedro Martinez, long-time standout Toronto Blue Jays centre fielder Lloyd Moseby and Canada’s foremost baseball historian William Humber will be inducted in a ceremony to take place at 1PM Saturday. There will be a barbecue and a silent auction on site during the day. Celebrities will be signing autographs at approximately 3:30 p.m. (cost) https://bit.ly/2JFAWgP
3) Niagara: Homegrown Wine Festival – Summer Solstice with Jim Cuddy. It’s a magical night under the stars. Doors open at 5pm. Food vendors available at 5:30 and music will start at 6:00pm. Seating is limited so be sure to purchase your tickets today Saturday 5PM-10PM https://bit.ly/2ymBzqO
4) Kitchener: King St Eatery and Music Festival. Bring Dad along and come on out to the King StrEATery! Taste the treats, hear the beats, play some games and have some drinks! in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region! The region’s tastiest food trucks are taking over 3 blocks of King StrEAT between College St. and Queen St. Grab a bite and enjoy live music on every block, fun activities, and programming for kids! Enjoy the downtown Festival of Music throughout the afternoon and evening. Saturday 3PM-9PM Downtown Kitchener. https://bit.ly/2HW4Rfx Performers here: https://bit.ly/2HSEKGw
5) Flyfest: Hamilton Warplane Heritage Museum. This weekend, bring Dad and the whole family to the airport for a day of fun and flying. Many of the Museum’s vintage aircraft will be flown throughout both days but the best part is – YOU can be part of the action! Discounted rides are being offered for rides in the Harvard, Stearman, Tiger Moth, Chipmunk, Cornell, Norseman and DC-3 Dakota. Arrive early as these are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Helicopter rides will also be available for purchase. The Lancaster is also scheduled to fly daily at FLYFEST. Saturday and Sunday 9-5PM https://bit.ly/2qTSyJ7