Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Ancaster: 168th Fall Fair. Tis the season and this annual event offers a ton of entertainment, music, food and fun. There are 2 special event stages with venues running all weekend. The “World’s Finest Shows” brings the largest travelling carnival to town. The Ultimate Cowboy Challenge is an annual favorite and this year the Woofjocks put on the best “Dog’s Got Talent” show around. There’s something for the whole family at The Ancaster Fair. Saturday and Sunday Ancaster Fairgrounds. https://bit.ly/2eW7Cl2
2. Elora, Fergus: Studio Tour. Browse at your leisure at the works of over 30 local artists opening their studios to the public over two weekends (this and next) Here’s your chance to get a look behind the scenes. Take a self-guided tour and meet artists where they live and work. Begin your adventure at the Elora Centre for the Arts. Saturday 10-5. https://bit.ly/2ckGBJa
3. Brantford: 9th annual Comedy Festival. Sit back and bust a gut as 7 of the best comedians perform for you as they compete for a $10,000 grand prize. While the judges are doing the judging, special guests will take the stage to keep the laughter going. Proceeds help support the BCHSYS Foundation. Saturday 8PM Sanderson Centre https://bit.ly/2LFKEl8
4. Niagara: Grape and Wine Festival. This 63rd Anniversary show is all about wine in Niagara. The hub of the Niagara Wine Festival can be found in one the oldest and most beautiful parks in the region; historic Montebello Park in downtown St. Catharines. It is a one stop scenic shop to enjoy from 100 different wines, 50 hours of live music plus food and entertainment for all ages. Saturday 11AM-10:30PM Sunday 12-8PM. https://bit.ly/2xxP6Iy
5. Oakville: Harvest Festival Your family can enjoy historical demonstrations, wagon rides, traditional family games, farmhouse tours, and more. Have the grandkids practice their pumpkin carving skills or enjoy a pony ride. When they are good and hungry, you can treat them to kettle corn or hot dogs, with fresh apple cider and apple blossoms for dessert! Saturday & Sunday 10-4PM; Bronte Creek Provincial Park. https://bit.ly/2hliyt9