Happy April Fool’s Day! Have a look at Bob’s Top 5!
- Kitchener: Did you know that April Fool’s Day is designated Pillow Fight Day around the world? http://www.pillowfightday.com Join friends and complete strangers for an hour-long bedding battle in Victoria Park. BYOP – bring your own pillow. Meet under the clock tower at 3p and remain calm. When you hear the signal, go nuts! Its your chance to go at it with special guests Kitchener Mayor Berry Vrbanovic & Waterloo Regional Police chief Bryan Larkin! Saturday 3PM http://bit.ly/2nO1HnQ
- Oakville: Lounge Fans – Are you In the Mood? Catch this tribute to Big Band legend Glenn Miller heralded as the most popular bandleader of all time. Canada’s ‘King of the Clarinet” Ross Wooldridge directs the highly acclaimed 17-member Galaxy Orchestra. Sunday 3pm http://bit.ly/2nNSZpL
- Guelph: The Hometown Hockey Tour rolls into Guelph starting at noon today and will feature family-friendly activities all weekend long. Meet your favourite NHL Alumni in the Scotiabank Community Locker Room and test your skills in the Chrysler Pacifica Stow N Go Competition. On Sunday night your Hometown Hockey hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone broadcast live from Guelph. Enjoy a live performance from local musicians and watch as the Vancouver Canucks take on the San Jose Sharks.
- Hamilton: The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA turns 130 years old today! Stop by from 10:30am – 2:30pm. Mayor Eisenberger and other special guests will speak at 11:30am! Learn a little bit about your local SPCA and enjoy tours of the Companion Animal Hospital. http://bit.ly/2nl4Vfn
- Brantford: The 45th annual Brantford Lapidary and Mineral Show will take place on today and tomorrow from 10am to 5pm at the Paris Fairgrounds (139 Silver Street, Paris). The show features gem, mineral, fossil, and stone dealers; lapidary equipment and supplies; fine jewellery and jewellery-making supplies; and a silent auction. http://bit.ly/2nioDri
(lyrics from the Main Ingredient)