Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Hamilton: Festival of Friends. You are invited! to this annual three-day free summer music festival held at Gage Park. For the second year in a row, the Festival of Friends has unveiled an entirely Canadian lineup. High Valley and Shawn Austin will take the stage today. The show’s headliner will be Tom Cochrane with Red Rider tomorrow. In all, more than 30 musical acts are scheduled to perform throughout the weekend. The festival also includes midway rides, craft and food vendors, a haunted house, an escape room and pony rides. Saturday and Sunday: Gage Park. https://bit.ly/2vojhki
2. Burlington: Enchanted Garden Weekend. Calling all gnomes, fairies, pixies, and sprites! Make your way to the RBG where a touch of magic awaits you. Your kids will meet mystical creatures like Melody the Birdsong Fairy and Pippa the Pumpkin Pixie. They will be hands on in many delightful activities, and learn the secrets of the Enchanted Garden. Today, tomorrow and Monday. https://bit.ly/2v230T1
3. Cambridge: Mill Race Festival. Traditional forms of folk music and dance are performed on multiple stages in the area; with emphasis placed upon the various cultures present locally. Arts, crafts, and an excellent choice of food and refreshments are also available at the festival site and from the many fine eating establishments in downtown Cambridge. Saturday 1-11PM and Sunday 1-10PM https://bit.ly/1kjw89p
4. Port Colborne: Marine and Heritage Festival. Celebrate the height of summer and Niagara’s rich marine heritage. Explore historic tall ships, cruise Lake Erie, and check out the annual car show. Take a lighthouse tour and spend the night at a great outdoor concert. And don’t miss the spectacular fireworks over the Welland Canal. Today, tomorrow and Monday. https://bit.ly/2Ow5H7w
5. Guelph: Industry Race Day. It is the marquee event of the race season. The day is highlighted by two major races, The Battle of Waterloo and the Battle of the Belles, and an Ontario Sires Stakes event for three-year-old filly pacers in tYhe Grassroots Series. The first race starts at 12:30 p.m. Dine in one of our 3 restaurants or grab a bite at the Tarmac BBQ or at one of the tents. Monday: Grand River Raceway. 12-5PM https://bit.ly/2NWSsLE