Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Paris: 160th annual Paris Fair! There are lots of good reasons to check out this historic anniversary edition. A mix of old and new will be on display with events, such as motocross and BMX stunt bike shows. The fairground buildings continue to showcase hundreds of exhibits, among them livestock and poultry, photography, and fruits and vegetables, and the Sunday night concert also has become a huge draw. This year’s headliner on Sept. 2 is Canaan Smith, a reality television contestant on the 15th season of The Amazing Race. Saturday, Sunday & Monday. https://bit.ly/2uCD29i
2. St. Catharines: Niagara Greek Festival. It’s fun for the whole family! Experience a true Greek celebration with traditional music and the Kalamatiano, Tsamiko, Zeimbekiko and other Greek dances. Check out the Kidz Zone to keep your little ones happy and busy with inflatables, face painting, crafts and tasty treats! The Agora Marketplace is the perfect place to purchase Greek related items. Saturday, Sunday & Monday. https://bit.ly/2BXHqoy
3. Burlington: Canada’s Largest Ribfest. This fundraising initiative of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore offers a family-friendly weekend full of musical entertainment, an artisan fair, kids midway and delicious, mouth-watering ribs! All new this year is the Waterfront Dance Party (nightly starting at 5) the Club Saucy VIP Lounge and the Emerging Talent Showcase. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. https://bit.ly/1LrxDUR
4. Niagara Falls. Oh Canada Eh Dinner Theatre. Canada’s Longest Running Dinner Musical! Don’t miss this musical comedy featuring over 65 hit songs from some of Canada’s top artists including Paul Anka, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams and more. Dine in style with a 5-course, family-style meal served by the performers throughout the show including soup, salad, roast beef, chicken, fresh haddock, maple chocolate cake and more. Saturday and Sunday – evening dinner & show or show-only performance. https://bit.ly/2aVTDuB
5. Hamilton: Tiger-Cats Labour Day Classic! Ticats games are more than just tackles and touchdowns! Bring the whole family out and enjoy the brand new Tim Hortons Field, one of the best fan experiences in sports. With family friendly mascots, bouncy castles, the Jungle Kids Playground, Craft Gardens and the Coors Banquet Bar, there’s a little something for everyone. (Dont miss the halftime monster truck show) Monday 6:30 Tim Horton’s Field. https://bit.ly/2K6zyRs