Fun stuff to do within an hour’s drive……..
1) Paris: Lion’s Club Maple Syrup Festival. Come on out to downtown Paris to enjoy the taste of maple syrup smothered over delicious pancakes. But there is so much more! The festival is a day of wood carving, maple candy making, music, dancing and downtown merchants showcasing their wares. Enjoy live music throughout the day and rest assure that the proceeds are going to support local improvement projects. Saturday 7AM-3PM (Grand River St N between William and Mechanic Streets) https://bit.ly/2mkYixm
2) Elora: Annual Vintage and Antique Show. The show covers a very wide range of antiques, retro and collectibles, with specialists in antique art glass, Canadian pressed glass, art pottery, Canadiana pine furniture, and much more. Special exhibitor this year? Antique typewriter collector Martin Howard brings a display of 19th century typewriters. Oh and don’t miss the Antique Identification Clinic. Who knows what treasures you might be sitting on ? Don’ miss the premier antique event in Western Ontario. Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 11-5: Elora Community Centre https://bit.ly/2v4VeKC
3) Burlington: 39th Annual Latow Photography Weekend! Photographers – don’t miss this! Renowned landscape and portrait photographer Dave Brosha is the guest speaker. On Saturday, Dave will lead a seminar and address four themes: (1) The Life, Adventure, (2) The Light, Adventure, (3) Finding Your Vision and Your Voice, and (4) Misadventures in Photography. On Sunday, Dave will discuss Travel & Photography (9-11:30) and Landscapes After Dark (12:15 – 2:45). Saturday and Sunday: Art Gallery of Burlington. https://bit.ly/2qkHIfV
4) Hamilton: Specialty Coffee Show. Attendees will have access to a fun and welcoming environment to sample, sip and waft the aromas of specialty coffees and compare the flavour profiles of roasted beans. They will be exposed to demonstrations of different brewing methods and have a chance to ask questions, discover new methods of brewing, and forge new relationships with the cafe community of the city, all under the leadership of talented, passionate and skilled baristas. Hamilton Convention Centre. Saturday & Sunday 10-5PM Hamilton Convention Centre. https://bit.ly/2Exo4Th
5) Kitchener: Scrapfest. Don’t miss the largest event in Ontario for scrapbookers, cardmakers, stampers, and mixed media artists. Come see the newest products from a variety of exhibitors. Learn a new technique through demonstrations, and develop that creativity through workshops led by internationally recognized Canadian talent. The 28-hour Crop is available for 300 participants to work on their own projects in a fun atmosphere. Come shop, crop, learn, and create! Saturday 9-5PM The Aud. https://bit.ly/2IDPUzy