Here are Bob’s Top 5!
1. St. Catharines: Legends of Motown. Check out this 16-piece cast of singers and musicians performing live look-a-like/sound-a-like tributes to The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Jackson 5, Martha and the Vandellas and more! Featuring all your favourite songs of the Motown era with dazzling choreography, authentic costumes, stunning vocal performances and a fabulous live band. Saturday: First Ontario Performing Arts Centre. 7:30PM http://bit.ly/2SBbbSY
2. Hamilton: Winterfest. Explore the city now until February 18 with more than 100 activities. Skate at the waterfront and local arenas, enjoy concerts, classes and a series of new Signature Events in major parks city-wide and the Royal Botanical Gardens. Fun for the whole family. Don’t miss the Winteractive mobile air hockey tournamment visiting over 20 locations throughout Winterfest to bring the thrill of hockey to unexpected places. We’ll find you at the Hamilton Waterfront Trust outdoor rink, curbside in Barton BIA and James North Art Crawl, during your performance breaks at Frost Bites, and even rink-side during three Hamilton Bull Dogs games to name a few. Saturday and Sunday (and ongoing) http://bit.ly/2G0EZTd
3. Niagara Falls. Broadway Showstoppers. Experience the best of the great white way as this all-new musical hits the Oh Canada Eh? stage. Featuring songs from Gypsy, Phantom of the Opera, Hair, Wicked, Cats, South Pacific, Once, Crazy For You, Les Miserables, Annie, Rent & many, MANY more! Each evening starts with our delicious family-style meal, which is served by our multi-talented performers. Saturday Night. Show and dinner at 6:30; show only at 7:15. (ongoing) http://bit.ly/2Sxn38G
4. Niagara-on-the-Lake: Days of Wine and Chocolate. Explore the decadently sweet and savoury art of wine and chocolate pairing. Visit the wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake and taste over 20 VQA wines matched with chocolate-infused dishes – from classically sweet flavour combinations to unexpected surprises. A romantic celebration for two or a great reason for a girls’ getaway weekend! Saturday and Sunday (and onwards) 11-5PM http://bit.ly/2MGUdNL
5. Cambridge: (Pre) Valentine’s Day Dining Experience. A most exclusive, romantic night for you and your loved one. This one of a king experience includes your King Executive Suite, a menu consultation with the Executive Chef, pre-dinner cocktails, private butlered dinner service with wine pairings and breakfast for 2 in the Bruce Craft House the next day. Saturday and Sunday this weekend or next. http://bit.ly/2RFk5KV (scroll down)