The Burlington Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5K are being run Today and that means road closures until 3 pm. The races begin at 10:05 this morning and will continue into the afternoon with awards ceremonies scheduled for 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. If you would like to know more about the races you can find that information at their website chillyhalfmarathon.ca
But as for the road closures the City of Burlington has announced the following:
6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Brant Street from Ontario Street to Elgin Street
- James Street from John Street to Brant Street
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Brant Street, Lakeshore Road to Elgin Street (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust Street)
9:45 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lakeshore Road, Brant Street to Eastport Drive
9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lakeshore Road, Brant Street to just west of Burloak Drive (access to Old Lakeshore Road from the west maintained with delays)
The three traffic lanes on Lakeshore Road will be separated by two lines of cones from Burloak Drive to Maple Avenue: north lane emergency vehicles, centre lane westbound runners and south lane eastbound runners.
They have also provided a map for the closures.
Be sure to take alternate routes Today as appropriate.