Check out Bob’s Top 5!
1. Everywhere in the Jewel Listening Area: Remembrance Day (Sunday). Attend a service (or parade) in your community this weekend to pay respect to our veterans and to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces. Sunday November 11! Lest We Forget. Read more about Canada’s Hundred Days and the Armistice 100th anniversary – 1918-2018 here. https://bit.ly/2EH2tNh
2. Paris: Christmas in Paris. Visitors to the 27th Annual will find a fabulous assortment of one-of-a-kind treasures that are hand-made by local talented artisans. This shopping experience is truly delightful within an atmosphere of casual comfort and this year our event can be enjoyed at one location, Syl Apps Community Centre, 51 William Street. Look for a huge selection of items including artwork – acrylic, watercolour, sketches, crocheted and knitted items, home accents such as wreaths & swags and quilts along with hand-wired and beaded jewellery (just to name a few items) Saturday 9:30-5 Sunday 9:30-4. https://bit.ly/1pgVn4x
3. Hamilton: 12th Annual Food & Drink Fest. Come take the unique opportunity to sample, sip and savour a vast variety of local wines, craft beers and chef-inspired foods from the regions top restaurants, craft breweries and Ontario wineries all in one fun-filled venue! Not to mention, a great selection of international wines and spirits, bakeries and delicious food products for you to try and take home. It’s a great way to explore the ever-evolving culinary scene of our unique region! Bring family, friends and co-workers and “raise a glass” at the Festival with Taste! Saturday 12PM-5 or 5-10PM Sunday 12-5 (family day) https://bit.ly/2DrH1uj
4. Kitchener: Frederick Art Walk. Bundle up and come enjoy this 4 km walking tour through one of Kitchener’s oldest neighbourhoods, bounded by Victoria and Krug Steets (on the north and south), Lancaster Street and East Avenue. You will enjoy the beauty of a fall day and the pleasure of exquisite artworks, in a setting of grand maple trees and century-old homes. The Art Walk features an amazing array of hand-crafted works for sale, including fabric art, paintings, chocolate, photography, pottery, stained glass, sewing crafts, and jewellery. Saturday 10-5PM https://bit.ly/2ARQ9G7
5. St Catharines. Wrapped Up in the Valley. Choose one of 3 weekends in November and experience premium wine perfectly paired with a culinary treat crafted by our local chefs. Enjoy unspoiled views from the top of the Niagara Escarpment, through to the scenic winding roads in Lincoln to St. Catharines. Step up your holiday dinner parties with an exclusive recipe book, meet with winemakers and stock up on your favorite discoveries! Bring along your friends, your love or just yourself and uncover Niagara’s Twenty Valley. Another option: Experience “Wrapped Up in the Valley” aboard the Twenty Valley Magic Winery Bus! https://bit.ly/2zwX4nx