Top 5 This Week!
1. Hamilton: First Canadian Professional Soccer League Match. The Canadian Premier League is pleased to promote the 1st match of the CPL today at 1 p.m. Forge FC Co-Founder Bob Young says “This match will mark the official launch of a truly Canadian professional soccer league, and it’s also the beginning of another great rivalry for fans in Hamilton and the York Region/Greater Toronto Area”. Tim Horton’s Field. 1PM. http://bit.ly/2GAcwl2
2. Burlington: Plant Faire. Make sure that you stop by the RBG’s 3rd annual Plant Faire, a great way to get a head start on the gardening season, to find unique plants for your home garden, and to speak to passionate gardening professionals. Get the low down from vendors featuring unique seeds, specialty plants and native plants. You can choose from some great educational presentations, displays by plant societies and horticultural groups and benefit from lots of great information about gardening and plants. Saturday 9-2PM RBG Centre. http://bit.ly/2DvwVHu
3. Thorold: 41st Annual Spring Arts and Crafts Show. On display and for sale will be works from over 75 Artisans from across Ontario representing various craft categories – Decorative Fiber, Home Decor, Pottery, Small Furniture, Mennonite Wood Works, Jewellry, Skin,Bath & Body Care, Marble & Stone Work, Garden & Home Decor, Paper, Stained Glass, Pet Portraits, Wearable Art, Concrete Fire Tables, Edible Art, and Wood plus much more. Saturday 10AM-4PM Thorold Arena. http://bit.ly/2DxYNL7
4. St Catharines: 5th Anniversary Playhouse Build and Auction. This is a unique community fundraiser in support of the Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre Niagara. Come support this outdoor fun-filled family event, with 5 teams building one-of-a-kind, custom backyard playhouses/playstructures that will be auctioned off to the community in attendance during a live auction at the end of the day. There will be lots of fun activities for the kids, including games, crafts, face painting and bouncy castles. Sunday 11-4PM Penn Centre http://bit.ly/2Dw4wAM
5. Port Dover: The Wizard of Oz. Since first exploding onto television screens in glorious technicolor 80 years ago, THE WIZARD OF OZ has been a family favourite. A twister transports young Dorothy Gale and her little dog Toto from their dusty Kansas farm to the magical land of Oz. Joined by a trio of memorable companions, Dorothy must follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City in order to meet the Wizard, vanquish the Wicked Witch, and find her way home. Saturday 2PM and 8PM Sunday 2PM (and ongoing) http://bit.ly/2Ps7Ul6