Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! Check out Bob’s Top 5!
- Brantford: Scare in the Square! This annual favourite continues today with ghost hunts at Odeon Square, tractor drawn hayrides, haunted house, live entertainment, a “Glow in the Dark Dance Party”, children’s trick or treating, an inflatable hay maze and much more! Saturday: Harmony Square 12noon -10PM. http://bit.ly/WEKzPJ
- Kitchener: Oktoberfest! Its time to put on the lederhosen and alpine fedora (gents) Find the location of an Octoberfest party or beer garden near you, so you can experience the fantastic German brew, sausage and polka music that has been the center of Bavarian culture for many years. The hub of Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest is located at the Willkommen Platz at Carl Zehr Square at Kitchener City Hall. Some of the highlights this year are: A Downtown Carnival with pay to play inflatables on Saturday & Sunday, a Bavarian Bier Garten and the Thanksgiving Day Parade on Monday! Downtown Kitchener Saturday, Sunday and Monday! http://bit.ly/2yY0j5k
- Simcoe: Norfolk County Fair. This year’s fair will feature a pair of Canadian country stars in Chad Brownlee and Tim Hicks. It will also include a kids tent, a new puppet show, the annual giant pumpkin competition and the Norfolk Has Talent finale on Oct. 9. Did I forget to mention the largest outdoor horse show in Canada? The grandstand features perennial fair favourites such as demolition derbies, monster truck shows, tractor pulls and more. You will find it all at Ontario’s oldest agricultural fair. Saturday 8AM-10PM, Sunday 8AM-9:30PM, Monday 8AM-8PM. http://bit.ly/2dLtHkt
- Rockton: 165th World’s Fair. Come one, come all to the King of Fall Fairs. There’s something for everyone in the family to take in with demolition derbies, a baby show, the midway, 4-H, horse shows, pie-eating contest and cake decorating, livestock and more. Rockton Fairgrounds Saturday 9AM-10:30PM., Sunday 9AM-8:30PM and Monday 9AM-5PM. http://bit.ly/1LOcuj5
- Burford: Annual Fall Fair. Bring the whole family for a weekend of fun and entertainment including bands, pageants, the midway and much more! Today’s attractions begin at noon with an orchestra in the Agricultural Hall. The Canadian Cowgirls perform at 12:30PM, the Talent Show is on @ 130 in the Agricultural Hall, and a van demolition derby in front of the grandstand at 5 p.m. Burford Fairgrounds Sat 11AM-930PM Sun 8AM-5PM Mon 8AM-4PM. http://bit.ly/2fF6wul