10-Year-Old Texas Girl Chokes on Fidget Spinner

A Texas mom is speaking out about the dangers of fidget spinners after her daughter nearly choked to death on the toy’s small parts. Kelly Rose was on her way home from a swim meet when she heard her 10-year-old daughter choking in the back seat. She looked in her rear-view mirror and saw her daughter’s face turning red. She pulled over and realized that her daughter had swallowed one of the bearings from her fidget spinner. Her daughter pointed to her throat, so her mom attempted the Heimlich with no success. She quickly drove to an urgent care center. An X-ray revealed that the metal bearing was lodged in the young girl’s esophagus. Surgery was needed to remove it. Fidget spinners are the current craze but the centre bushing can pop out, creating a chocking hazard….. Ed

Source: ERIN HILL/ Photo:Kelly Rose

Posted in All Stories, Ed McMahon

+ Follow Us

 

+ Upcoming Events

  1. 100 Guys Brantford

    June 1 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
  2. Hamilton Ships

    June 30 @ 8:00 am - July 2 @ 5:00 pm

+ On-Air & Shows